Introducing Royex Generation II
The Royex rock breaking system is designed to break rock where conventional explosives are either prohibited by regulation or unsuitable for the task. Royex offers a simple, safe and efficient option for blasters, miners and civil engineers alike, where the impact of ground vibration, noise, dust and fly-rock control inhibit the use of traditional blasting methods. The Royex Generation II System is the world's first propellant based rock breaking system to be aligned with a sequential delay-timed initiation system, the Maxfire Igniter. Today, no other propellant system can offer the versatility and functionality of the Royex Generation II System.
The system introduces the following unique features,
The first 1.4S timing system for propellant cartridges. No other system offers the individual in-hole Maxfire timing exclusive to the Royex System.
The Royex Maxfire Initiator provides unmatched initiation performance.
The consistent sizing and density of Propellant Powder and Ammonium Nitrate offers intimate mixture and increased power, oxygen balance and reliability.
The Royex Generation II System is CE certified and is manufactured to ISO standards of Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental excellence. Royex Generation II technical data
Engineers, blasters, project managers and regulators face ever increasing challenges in controlling blast induced vibrations, air overpressure and other risks encountered in tunnelling, shaft sinking, trenching and surface rock breaking projects. Hanging wall damage, dilution and damage to support are costing stakeholders large amounts of money every day. Explosives security, transport, storage and handling are increasingly topical issues.
The new Royex Generation II rock breaking propellant system offers the most practical solution available anywhere. This non-detonating pyrotechnical cartridge is enhanced by the introduction of an innovative pyrotechnic initiation system offering timing functionality unique to the Royex system. Unlike any other system available the timing function is by means of a delay element encased within the individual igniter making it possible for each hole to be fired according to the required sequence. The introduction of this exclusive initiation system offers the capability to delay or time individual holes or sets of holes in a predetermined sequence to achieve co-ordinated blasting in almost any situation.
The mechanics of the Royex cartridge are fundamentally different to conventional explosives. The product does not detonate and therefore does not generate any shock waves through the rock, allowing the rock to break naturally without stress. This smoother effect provides minimal crush zones and reduced vibrations resulting in an effect that can be employed to assure wall control, reduced dilution, dust control and general safety.
The Royex Generation II system propellant mixture is finely oxygen balanced and generates negligible dangerous gases when initiated. Combined with conventional tunnelling or mining ventilation, CO levels are below 5 ppm within a few minutes of blasting. These characteristics in partnership with the sequential timing offered by our unique initiation system provide the ability to achieve continuous operations in mining and tunnelling applications. By comparison to conventional explosives, overall cost savings have been proven in mining and quarrying applications with the use of Royex systems. Improved safety, less stringent storage requirements, better fragmentation control and improved operational flows all contribute to overall cost reductions.
The Royex System is 1.4S classified allowing the product to be transported and stored as a low explosive. Product sent to international destinations by air freight can generally be delivered within two weeks. In Europe and many other regions, the Royex system is classed as a pyrotechnic, (P2 class in the EU) which implies no necessity for its user to hold a conventional blasting licence. The P2 classification does not fall under the track and trace directive so restrictions associated with track and trace are avoided. The product does not function effectively unless placed in a drill hole, or confined, and as such is very safe to handle and store.
Note that all information and content on this website is subject to local law, permits and certifications. Product variations may apply. For availability and regulatory constraints, please read our website disclaimer or contact us for advice.Royex Generation II safety presentation
Advantages of Royex rock breaking technology
- General Operations
- - Pre-defined sequentially timed blasting patterns are possible via shock tube or electric initiators
- - The Modular initiation system allows for customized timings and loading patterns
- - Continuous blasting is possible
- - Good fragmentation control
- - Greatly increased operational and handling safety
- - No explosives are present at work site
- - Transportation, storage and general logistical control minimised by the product's 1.4S rating
- - Air shipping allows for faster deliveries and relaxes stock requirements
- - In EU, P2 classified product, no track and trace management required
- Production blasting
- - Proven reduced dilution in gold, platinum and diamond mining
- - Continuous mining possibilities
- - Oxygen balanced - no noxious gases, rapid re-entry
- - Slyping and secondary blasting operations can take place during shift
- - Viable alternative for secondary blasting in block caving
- - No crush zone around holes after blasting, thereby reducing fines and dust while improving recovery rates
- - Improves hanging wall conditions thereby improving safety
- - No throw leads to easier and quicker cleaning, less damage to support, no need for blasting barricades in narrow reef mining operations
- - Continuous mining possibilities. Optional configurations using the timing initiation system allow for multiple decking
- - Extended pit boundaries due to no vibration, no fly rock and less dust during blasting operations - prolonged pit lifetime
- - Reduced fly rock
- - High precision breaking for dimensional quarries, less wire sawing or downstream cutting
- - Reduced safety distances for machinery and personnel
- - No track and trace required
- - Complete 1.4S solution - less demanding storage, transport and product
- Civil engineering
- - 1.4S timing solution and smoother breaking allows for greatly reduced vibration levels and precision blasting close to infrastructure
- - Low compromise on traditional drilling patterns
- - Timing and simplified design of shock tube connection speeds up preparation of blast
- - Less fly rock - significantly lower risk for damage